Tick off all the experiences on your China bucket list on this epic 10 Day tour! Not only will you step on to the Great Wall and get lost in the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, you’ll also be dazzled by a beautiful jade, pearls and silk, chilling in Suzhou’s Lingering Garden and Li Lake Park, wandering The Bund and sipping Longjing Tea while floating along West Lake. All this, plus you’ll understand more about Traditional Chinese Medicine and get around on a high-speed Bullet Train! China bucket list accomplished!
YOUR FLIGHT CENTRE EXCLUSIVES HOLIDAY INCLUDES
- Return economy airfare to Beijing incl. 20kg checked luggage flying with a full-service Chinese carrier
We’ll get you to and from your holiday with no troubles – all you need to do is pack your bag and make your way to the airport! Enjoy return airfares with a full-service carrier included in the price!
- 8 nights accommodation staying in locally rated 4 star hotels
Enjoy a total of 8 nights 4 star self-rated hotel accommodation during your tour. Your stay is sorted as you make your way through China this holiday.
- 1 trip on a high-speed bullet train from Beijing to Suzhou travelling in a second class
Race to Suzhou on-board a high-speed bullet train in a second class or upgrade to the first class.
- Daily breakfast in each hotel and 1 lunch
Feast on a delicious breakfast every day when you pull up a seat for breakfast during your tour! For more information check out the itinerary!
- All airport and group transfers
The last thing you want to do on your holiday is stress about how you’re going to get from A to B in China. With us, you won’t have to worry! Enjoy airport and group transfers on us this holiday!
- Air-conditioned coach transportation
Get around in total comfort! Enjoy air-conditioned coach transportation when touring China this holiday as you see the sites without breaking a sweat!
- All sightseeing admissions unless stated otherwise
There’s no need to go digging through your pockets for entrance fees this holiday, we’ve got you covered! We’ve included all your sightseeing & entry fees so you can focus on your tour and savour the beauty of China!
- English-speaking tour guides
Don’t miss out on a thing this holiday! Your tour includes English-speaking tour guide(s) throughout your time in China!
PLUS FLIGHT CENTRE EXCLUSIVES HIGHLIGHTS
- Explore the very best of Beijing, Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou & Shanghai.
- Climb the iconic steps of The Great Wall in Beijing
- Unearth cultural history in the Forbidden City & world-renowned Tiananmen Square
- Stroll Suzhou’s world-famous Lingering Garden & exquisite artisan Silk Spinning Factory
- Travel on China’s high-speed bullet train
- Sail through Hangzhou’s scenic West Lake
- Explore Bund Promenade in cosmopolitan Shanghai
- Observe skilled artisans at work visiting local Jade & Pearl Factories
- Learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Extend your trip to the experience the life-size Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an or a relaxing Yangtze River Cruise
- Mandatory tour guide and driver service fee $108 per person ($12 per person per day) to be paid to local guide as per breakdown:
- Beijing guide $48 per person
- Shanghai guide $60 per person
- China visa (required)
- Travel insurance
From $899*pp ex Sydney and Melbourne
From $999*pp ex Brisbane
From $1099*pp ex Perth
From $1199*pp ex Adelaide
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT PRICE
Single supplement available for just $499 per person
Triple-share: Available with no discount for third person
31 December 2019
31 January 2020
Buy now with 0% Interest Free!~
3 DAY XI’AN TERRACOTTA WARRIORS PRE-TOUR EXTENSION PACKAGE
$699 per person twin-share
- Be blown away by the life-size Terracotta Warrior Army
- Includes high-speed train from Xi’an to Beijing (second class)
- Receive 2 nights 4 star self-rated hotel accommodation
- Single supplement: $199 per person
- Excludes mandatory service fee collected on tour: $36 per person
Day 1: Fly from Australia to Xi’an (In-flight Meals)
You will be greeted at the airport by a representative who will transfer you to the hotel. Marking the eastern end of the Silk Road, Xi’an is one of the ancient capitals of China, symbolic of ‘Eternal Peace’.
Day 2: Terracotta Warriors & Horses (B)
The highlight today is a visit to the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum followed by the Terracotta Warriors Reproduction Factory. Unearthed near Xi’an, the thousands of life-size sculptures of soldiers, chariots and horses are considered a world wonder. With different facial expressions and weaponry adorning each soldier, the Terracotta Warriors were believed to have been created to accompany the Qin Emperor into the afterlife. This site is among the top archaeological excavations of the 20th century and will leave you astounded by the sheer scale of the army. In the evening, enjoy an optional Imperial Dumpling Banquet and Tang Dynasty Singing & Dancing Show (not included).
Day 3: Bullet Train from Xi’an to Beijing (B)
Unearth the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, an AAAA scenic spot and World Heritage Site surviving from the Tang dynasty. Although built entirely of stone, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda is very delicate in appearance. The top three floors have been damaged, yet it really adds to the appeal of the pagoda. Later, travel to China’s sprawling capital Beijing on a high-speed train.
5 DAY STANDARD YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE POST-TOUR EXTENSION PACKAGE
$999 per person twin-share
- Relax on 4-night Yangtze River Cruise in standard cabin with private balcony
- Includes high-speed train to Yichang (second class)
- Includes all onboard meals and entertainment plus 3 complimentary shore excursions
- Single supplement: $649 per person
- Excludes mandatory service fee: RMB150 (approx. $32) per person collected onboard + $12 per person collected by guide
5 DAY VIP YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE POST-TOUR EXTENSION PACKAGE
$1299 per person twin-share
- Receive all standard Yangtze River Cruise package inclusions plus value-added benefits
- Upgrade to first class cabin on high-speed train
- Upgrade to executive level (deck 4) on cruise
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the executive lounge and lobby areas
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Complimentary soda drink for lunch and dinner
- Complimentary house wine and beer for dinner
- Complimentary cookies, soft drinks, juice, tea and coffee in executive lounge
- Happy hour house wine, beer and soda drinks before dinner (except on second day)
- Choice of dining room for all meals between all day buffet on deck 2 or VIP dining on deck 6 featuring a la carte dinner
- Single supplement: $749 per person
- Excludes mandatory service fee: RMB150 (approx. $32) per person collected onboard + $12 per person collected by guide
Day 9: Bullet Train from Shanghai to Yichang & Embark Yangtze River Cruise (B)
Transfer to the railway station for a high-speed train ride to Yichang, known as ‘Gateway to the Three Gorges’, an important trading port along the majestic Yangtze River. Then transfer to your Yangtze River Cruise ship.
Day 10: Yangtze River Cruise – Three Gorges Dam (B, L, D)
Experience your first shore excursion to the Three Gorges Dam Site, one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind and is the biggest hydropower project in the world. Enjoy a captain’s welcome party and cultural activities in the evening. Optional shore excursion: Tribe of the Three Gorges (not included) – the only large scenic spot that has not been influenced by the Three Gorges Dam project, showcasing the Ba and Shu Cultures.
Day 11: Yangtze River Cruise – Shennong Stream (B, L, D)
Enjoy a shore excursion to Shennong Stream, a mysterious and narrow tributary famous for its picturesque scenery and announced a National AAAAA Tourist Attraction. All along the stream are signs of ancient Chinese civilisation and nature’s splendour characterised by steep ridges and peaks, massive caves, wildflowers, plank roads built along cliffs and ancient hanging coffins. Be prepared to take in the elegance of Wu Gorge and the beauty of Qutang Gorge, the defining highlights of your cruise. Optional shore excursion: White Emperor City (not included) – White Emperor City is an ancient temple that is located atop Baidi Mountain on the northern bank of the Yangtze River.
Day 12: Yangtze River Cruise – Jade Emperor Scenic Area (B, L, D)
Escape to your final shore excursion to the Jade Emperor Scenic Area in Fengdu, a recently debuted shore excursion. The sacred site features a 100-foot-tall statue depicting the Jade Emperor, an important deity in Chinese Taoism, and more than 200 Taoist and Buddhist sculptures. You will be farewelled in the evening with a captain’s banquet. Optional shore excursion: Fengdu Ghost City (not included) – Fengdu Ghost City is regarded as the ‘City of Ghosts’. The temples built on Ming Mountain depict punishment instruments and demon paintings, demonstrating the Chinese people’s imagination of hell.
Day 13: Disembark Yangtze River Cruise & Fly from Chongqing to Australia (B, In-flight Meals)
Disembark the cruise ship at Chongqing, known as the ‘Mountain City’ of China, and transfer to the airport.
Day 14: Arrive Australia
BULLET TRAIN UPGRADE
$199 per person
- Upgrade to the first class cabin on the 4-5.5 hour high-speed train from Beijing to Suzhou
- Enjoy larger seat
- Enjoy extra legroom
- Enjoy quieter and less crowded carriage
- Enjoy extra comfortable footrest and headrest
- Enjoy larger tray table
PREMIUM AIRLINE UPGRADE
From $399 per person
- Fly economy class with a premium airline (e.g. Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines)
- Upgrades subject to availability and apply to international long haul sectors only
STANDARD AIRLINE BUSINESS CLASS FLIGHTS UPGRADE
From $2999 per person
- Fly business class with a standard Chinese airline (e.g. China Southern, China Eastern Airlines)
- Upgrades subject to availability and apply to international long haul sectors only
PREMIUM AIRLINE BUSINESS CLASS FLIGHTS UPGRADE
From $3999 per person – premium business class flights
- Fly business class with a premium airline (e.g. Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific)
- Upgrades subject to availability and apply to international long haul sectors only
Optional programs are paid directly to the local guide on tour. Please note that non-participants may have to wait for the group programs to conclude if alternative arrangements cannot be provided due to location or logistical constraints.
- Xi’an: Imperial Dumpling Banquet & Tang Dynasty Show – RMB230 (approx. AU$49)
- Beijing: The Golden Mask Dynasty – RMB330 (approx. AU$69)
- Beijing: Ancient Beijing Hutong Tour with Dinner – RMB300 (approx. AU$65)
- Suzhou: Grand Canal Cruise – RMB220 (approx. AU$45)
- Hangzhou: Impression West Lake – RMB430 (approx. AU$89)
- Shanghai: ERA: The Intersection of Time or SPIRAL – RMB380 (approx. AU$79)
- Shanghai: Shanghai Day Tour with Maglev Train Experience – RMB380 (approx. AU$79)
- Shanghai: Huangpu River Cruise – RMB240 (approx. AU$49)
$199 per room per night including breakfast (max occupancy 3 persons, excludes transfers)
PRE/POST TOUR TRANSFERS
$199 per vehicle for 3 passengers per way
EARLY ARRIVAL/STAY BEHIND
$249 per person
- The break fee is a minimum charge collected for any deviation (except for tour extensions) from the set dates or set itinerary such as early arrival, stay behind or stopover requests. Additional collection for applicable airfare and tax difference applies
2020 TRAVEL DATES
Peak season surcharge for dates denoted by an asterisk (*): $149 per person
- 4^, 11, 18, 25 March
- 1, 8*, 15*, 22*, 29 April
- 6, 13, 20, 27 May
- 3, 10, 17, 24* June
- 1*, 8*, 15, 22, 29 July
- 5, 12, 19, 26 August
- 2, 9, 16, 23* September
- 7*, 14, 21, 28 October
- 4, 11 November
^ Note: Yangtze cruise is not available on this date
Day 1: Fly from Australia to Beijing (In-flight Meals)
Upon arrival, a tour representative will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.
Day 2: Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City (B)
Visit Tiananmen Square, one of the largest public squares in the world and the venue of the infamous 1989 Tiananmen Square demonstrations. Acclaimed as the ‘Gate of Heavenly Peace’, it is the foreground to the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Otherwise known as the Imperial Palace Museum, the Forbidden City is the citadel of China’s last 24 Emperors during the Ming and Qing dynasties, and was the political and ritual centre of China. Cap off the day with an opportunity to attend a legendary large-scale musical drama, “The Golden Mask Dynasty” (not included).
Day 3: Great Wall of China (B, L)
Continue your educational journey of China’s fascinating history with a stop at a Jade Museum to observe skilled artisans carve intricate designs. With more than four thousand years of history, jade stone in Chinese culture symbolises preciousness and beauty, and embodies the Confucian virtues of courage, wisdom and compassion. Before long, you will drive through the mountainous countryside to one of the top archaeological wonders of the world, the iconic Great Wall at Juyong Pass, an accessible and gentle stretch meandering over 3500 miles of China’s northern mountain ranges from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert. Immerse yourself with an optional tour to experience life in ancient Beijing at a 700-year-old Hutong (narrow alley) and dinner with a local family still living in old courtyard-style houses (not included).
Day 4: Bullet Train from Beijing to Suzhou (B)
Today is your chance to become experts in Traditional Chinese Medicine, a 5000-year-old practice that incorporates herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise and dietary therapy. Based on the concept of a connection between mind, body and environment to prevent and manage diseases, elements of its natural and holistic approach are widely adopted in Western medicine. With your mind and soul at ease, travel on a high-speed bullet train to the harmonious city of Suzhou often described as the ‘Venice of the East’ for its classical gardens, palaces, canals and bridges.
Day 5: Suzhou – Wuxi (B)
China is the largest silk producer in the world and Suzhou is renowned for its exquisite quality silk. Today you can witness the delicate silk-making process from silkworm cocoons at the Silk Spinning Factory and testify that the handmade quilts are as light as feather. Then take a stroll in the world-famous Lingering Garden, featuring ornate viewing pavilions and a splendid landscape of water and striking rockeries. You have an opportunity to cruise along the Grand Canal (not included) to view life along China’s ancient waterway. Travel to Wuxi, the ‘land of fish and rice’, to conclude the day at famous Nanchang Street, an ancient thoroughfare showcasing the juxtaposition of traditional and modern living.
Day 6: Wuxi – Hangzhou (B)
Gain an insight into China’s enormous manufacturing and production capabilities with a visit to a Pearl Factory to learn about freshwater pearls, a key export commodity with great cultural significance since the Han dynasty. Then take in the pleasant sounds at Li Lake Park, home to egrets and many rare species of birds, and the wonderful scenery of picturesque Taihu Lake, the second biggest freshwater lake in China. Top off your evening with a spectacular “Impression West Lake” show (not included) staged entirely upon the open-air of the West Lake with a backdrop of natural mountains and real water – a truly captivating artistic masterpiece of music, light and dance produced by the theatrical director of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.
Day 7: Hangzhou – Shanghai (B)
Described by Marco Polo as ‘the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, Hangzhou is considered the tea capital of China. Learn how to make local specialty Longjing Tea at a tea house while immersed in the stunning natural scenery of the village surrounds. Then enjoy a small boat ride on the UNESCO-listed West Lake where you will see the ethereal beauty of Hangzhou’s willow-draped islands. Next, transfer to cosmopolitan metropolis Shanghai to visit the famous Bund, a five-block riverfront promenade of shops and commercial buildings. Modern mega high-rises on the east and traditional European-style architecture on the west are divided by the Huangpu River. Complete a memorable evening with the option to attend a spectacular Chinese acrobatic show, “ERA: The Intersection of Time” or “SPIRAL” (not included), widely praised as the best acrobatic show in Shanghai.
Day 8: Shanghai (B)
Today is free at leisure or you may join a Shanghai Day Tour with Maglev Train Experience (not included) to soak up Shanghai’s best sights including Shanghai Bazaar where you can shop for last minute souvenirs, the affluent streets of Xintiandi composed of old-style Shikumen residences and modern architecture, and the world’s fastest commercially operating train with a top speed of 390km/h. Last but not least, one of the best ways to enjoy the extraordinary evening scenery along the Huangpu River is to take a charming “Huangpu River Cruise” (not included).
Day 9: Fly from Shanghai to Australia (B, In-flight Meals)
Transfer to the airport for your onward journey.
Day 10: Arrive Australia
Reference hotels are subject to change depending on availability and travel dates. If the hotels listed are unavailable, substitutes of a similar standard will be provided. Hotels are specifically chosen for your comfort in consideration of full and often long days and are generally not centrally located.
- Xi’an: Grand Noble Hotel or similar
- Beijing: Chunhuiyuan Resort or similar
- Suzhou: Holiday Inn Express Suzhou Taihu Lake or similar
- Wuxi: Holiday Inn Express Wuxi Taihu New City or similar
- Hangzhou: Hangzhou Starway Hotel (formerly Meiziqing Hotel) or similar
- Shanghai: Crystal Orange Hotel (Shanghai Disney South Shenjiang Road) or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise Ship: Victoria Jenna or similar
Selected dates from: 04 March 2020 – 11 November 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A good level of fitness and mobility is required for full and often long days of medium-fast pace walking. The large group tour is not suitable for children and people requiring special assistance or any form of mobility aid other than walking sticks such as walking frames, scooters and wheelchairs. Coaches, hotels and sites will not be equipped with handicapped facilities. You will be expected to alight from buses and trains on your own accord and carry your own belongings at all times. You may encounter occasional flights of stairs.
- Any physical ailments must be disclosed at the time of booking for advice on your suitability.
- You are responsible for obtaining a passport with at least 6 months validity beyond trip completion.
- It is a condition of booking that you provide full names and valid passport information and a copy of your passport photo page.
- DO NOT submit expired or invalid passport information. It is your responsibility to provide updated passport information as soon as possible (no later than 3 months before departure).
- The information you provide will be used to issue components of you booking including air, train and cruise tickets.
- You are liable for all fees due to invalid passports or the provision of inaccurate, incomplete or invalid passport information.
- Passports may be collected on tour for ticket verification purposes.
- You are responsible for checking all visa requirements with the local visa centre, embassy or consulate, and obtaining a valid visa for travel with enough time before departure.
CHINA VISA (GUIDE ONLY)
- You must apply for a China visa before travel.
- Self-apply within 6 weeks of departure in person or by mail via your nearest China Visa Application Centre (www.visaforchina.org) with your tour and flight itinerary.
- Prices are subject to change, availability and ‘book by’ deadlines.
- Prices are AUD per person for twin-share unless otherwise specified.
- Prices do not include optional programs, secondary admissions within sites, porter service at hotels/train stations/airports, personal expenses such as gratuities, laundry, telephone/internet charges and meals not mentioned.
- All amendments and changes are subject to a $100 fee per person per change. Amendments and changes requested within 60 days of departure for travel will incur a $200 fee per person per change.
- All trip costs, fees and components are fully non-refundable at all times.
- Refunds are not provided for any unused trip component including flights, transfers, hotels, cruises, optional programs, attractions, etc.
SERVICE FEE (TIPPING)
- A mandatory service fee not included in the package (refer to exclusions for amount) is firmly expected and required for the services of the guides and drivers. The service fee must be paid directly to the local guide.
- Seasonal surcharges (* denoted by an asterisk) apply to certain departure dates.
- Departure city surcharges apply for certain departure cities.
- Single supplement applies for single rooms.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one checked bag not exceeding 20kg, plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 5kg.
- You are strongly encouraged to pack lightly below these limits as you will be required to carry your own bag to and from coaches, hotels, and trains. Porter service is not included.
- Train stations are generally very large and may involve 10-15 minutes of walking from the coach to the platform. Please consider that luggage will need to be carried by yourself when packing your bags. Escalators are generally available but may not be accessible at all entrances.
- Electronic documentation including e-tickets is generally emailed within two weeks of departure of your core tour irrespective of early departures, pre-tour extensions or stopovers.
- Surcharges apply for certain departure cities and flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne.
- The default full-service carrier included in your package will be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- Please contact your travel consultant at the time of booking to request quotes for premium economy and business class upgrades.
- All flights or airfare related fees and costs are due immediately upon confirmation.
- All flights may involve up to two transits in Australian or international connecting cities.
- No show of any flight will result in the automatic cancellation of all onward flights by the airline and rebooking will be at your own expense.
- Payment or upgrades using frequent flyer points is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to adjust the itinerary and order, sightseeing and transportation as we see fit to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the tour.
- In the unusual event that a destination, sight or attraction is unavailable due to weather, local, seasonal, political or other constraints, it will be substituted with a similar alternative.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the prevailing flight schedule to be provided when you receive your final documentation. The number of accommodation nights will not change.
- Due to flight times and scheduling, some flights may depart a day before or after the indicated itinerary.
- A reference to included entrance fees refers to admissions to the main site or attraction but may not include any secondary admissions inside the venue or optional programs marked as “not included”.
- Hotels are specifically chosen for your comfort in consideration of full and sometimes long days of touring and are generally not centrally located.
- Triple-share is available on the land tour in the form of extra bedding with no discount.
- Reference hotels listed may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Double room/bedding requests cannot be guaranteed, and twin bedding will be provided if request is not available.
- Confirmed hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- All hotel ratings are self-rated in accordance to local standards.
- All rooms are lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- The standard check in time is 2:00pm and check out time is 10:00am.
- The tour is not recommended for children and persons under 18 years of age. Child discounts do not apply. The tour consists of cultural and educational sightseeing mixed with group-based activities including shows and shopping opportunities designed to be best enjoyed by adults.
- Optional programs are special ‘money can’t buy’ local experiences or activities that you may add to your tour.
- Optional programs are payable directly to the tour guides in the local currency and cannot be prepaid.
- In the unusual event that some programs or venues may not be available due to weather, local, seasonal or political constraints, every effort will be made to provide a similar alternative.
- Some tours are subject to availability and require minimum numbers to operate.
- Non-participants may have to wait for the group programs to conclude if alternative arrangements cannot be provided due to location or logistical constraints.
- Groups transfers are at designated times and passengers may be required to wait briefly for other flight arrivals.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour group and guide for the entirety of the set program.
- Any departure or deviation from the set tour itinerary is strictly prohibited unless written consent is provided by us prior to departure. Strict penalties including cancellation of remaining land and air arrangements may be enforced and rebooking will be at your own expense.
- The break fee is a minimum charge collected for any deviation (except for tour extensions) from the set dates or set itinerary such as early arrival, stay behind or stopover requests. Additional collection for applicable airfare and tax difference applies.
- Cultural shopping stops are included and your participation for the learning experiences is expected.
- Please always exercise discretion and request receipts as you are responsible for any purchases.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader. Formal complaints must be submitted in writing with substantiated evidence within 10 days of trip completion.
- Special meals are generally not available on tour. Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements but note that choices may be limited.
- Certain meal types can be requested for the flights at the time of booking, subject to availability.
- Luggage and personal effects are at the owner’s risk at all times. We hold no liability for lost or damaged luggage or belongings. Comprehensive travel insurance cover is strongly recommended.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please ask your travel consultant for discounted travel insurance options.
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE
- The itinerary, shore excursions and standard and VIP package inclusions varies between ships and are subject to change due to river and other conditions.
- Optional shore excursions (not included) are payable onboard in the local currency.
- Triple-share is not available onboard. Single supplement applies for single rooms.
- Cabins are provided run of house and cannot be pre-allocated.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
- The season in China is generally the inverse of Australia’s at any point in time.
- July and August are the hottest months with high temperatures above 35°C. January and February are the coldest with low temperatures below zero. The weather in the springtime of March to May and the autumn of September to November are mildest but also the busiest travel times.
- The first week of October, known as the national golden week, is a China national holiday period and tends to be busy with many travellers visiting friends and family. Isolated closures may occur at some sites and attractions.
- Approximately 45 passengers.
- It is advisable to exchange local cash currency before leaving home. The local currency can be used for service fees, optional programs, meals, shopping and expenses of a personal nature such as laundry service.
- Hotels are specifically chosen for your comfort in consideration of full and often long days and are generally not centrally located.
- If you are planning own arrangements, we recommend extending your stay outside of set tour program as your not permitted to leave the tour. Note that group hotels and transfers are not included.
- Daily breakfast (Chinese and Western food) is included at the hotel. Most other meals are at your own expense. Credit card is generally NOT accepted for food and drink. For your convenience, we strongly recommend obtaining Chinese Yuan (CNY/RMB) before departure for the equivalent minimum of AU$25 per person per day. Below are some indicative prices:
- Wonton or noodle hot pot – RMB20-30
- Fried rice – RMB10-12
- Stir fry meat and vegies – RMB18-22
- Coffee – RMB6
- Soft drink – RMB4-6
- Packet of crisps or crackers – RMB6-10
- Beer – RMB10-25
- Most power sockets in China use the three-pin plug which is common to Australia and New Zealand. However, two vertical pin sockets (not used in Australia) are also widely used so bringing an international travel converter may come in handy.
Savings % is calculated on the maximum discount across all Ex points.
Valued at price is based on the maximum price across all ex points.
*FROM PRICE EX SYDNEY & MELBOURNE, PURCHASE BY 31 DECEMBER 2019 & BOOK BY 31 JANUARY 2020
Prices are correct at the time of publication, are twin share per person, may change without notice & subject to availability. Restrictions & conditions apply. See website for full terms, conditions & travel dates. Prices quoted are on sale until 31 December 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior. Seasonal surcharges & blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
Additional fees, including surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date may apply. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge. Advertised price includes any bonus nights. Please ask us for further details or visit our website at www.flightcentreexclusives.com.au. Flight Centre Exclusives provides holiday packages offered by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd & is a subsidiary of Ignite Travel Group. ATAS Accreditation No. A10345.
~Approved applicants only. Fees, terms, conditions & minimum finance amounts apply, incl $99 Annual Fee charged on the account open date and annually on the anniversary of that date. Annual Fee must be paid in full within 90 days or it will attract interest. Minimum monthly repayment required. Interest, (charged at the Expired Promotional Rate) payable on outstanding balances after any Interest Free Period. See skyecard.com.au for current interest rates. Only available at Skye retail partners. Credit provided by FlexiCards Australia Pty Ltd ABN 31 099 651 877 Australian Credit Licence number 247415. FlexiCards Australia is a subsidiary of FlexiGroup Limited. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.